Do you provide Food?
No. Precise Nutrition is primarily a nutritional/lifestyle counseling service. Whenever we add new food items to the diet, we do provide sample recipes which enable the maximum nutrient absorption.
Do you accept international (non-u.S.) clients?
Yes, as long as they:
- Are willing to comply with U.S. healthcare standards. Precise Nutrition complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration, American Heart Association, and American Diabetic Association guidelines.
- Communicate fluently in English (written, verbal) and consume packaged food products with English labels.
What equipment do I need?
- Body weighing scale, appx. $30
- Body fat % monitor, appx. $30
- Blood pressure monitor, appx. $50
- Food weighing scale, appx. $15
- Heart rate monitor while exercising (FitBit, Apple Watch, Garmin, etc.). Chest strap based heart rate monitors are required for athletes but any heart rate monitor will suffice for non-athletes.
How frequently are blood tests conducted?
- Client's request their physicians for blood tests and share their results with Precise Nutrition. Two tests are required - Cholesterol (Total, HDL, LDL, Triglycerides) and Blood Sugar (fasting glucose, Hemoglobin A1C).
- Tests are required before the program begins and every 3 months thereafter.
- Every day, the clients are required to monitor body weight, body fat %, and blood pressure at home.
Do you ACCOMMODATE vegetarians/vegans?
Absolutely! As vegetarians/vegans have different absorption rates, than meat eaters, we have even curated non-perishable items from them - which we are even willing to ship all over U.S. E.g., out of the hundreds of canned beans only one variety has very low Sodium.
What do you ship?
We can only ship non-perishable items (U.S. domestic). As we're a very lean startup, these are non returnable.
- Out of the hundreds of canned beans - all of whom have high Sodium - we have curated the only one which has minimal Sodium. These are fantastic sources of protein and fiber for vegetarians.
- Out of the hundreds of cereal - all of whom have high Sugar - we have curated the only one which has very low Sugar and meets 100% of several vitamins and minerals.
- High quality sources of nuts. These are great sources for healthy fats.
- High quality natural dietary fiber. This gives the feeling of satiety -- especially when losing weight -- and improves overall bowel movement.
- Box with blood pressure machine, body weight scale, body fat % monitor, food weighing scale
How fast do clients see results?
Depends on the client's desired rate of change. At a moderate rate of change, clients will start to notice weight loss, blood pressure drop, and increased energy levels 3-4 weeks after treatment begins.
What is the success rate?
This technology is based on clinical trials on more than 4,500 people published in more than 100 peer reviewed medical journals. 71% of the people saw their medication eliminated and 29% saw significant reduction.
What is the biggest challenge?
Client's commitment to change. However, after 2-3 weeks, these things will become a painless habit:
- Every day, first thing in the morning, taking measurements of body weight, body fat %, and blood pressure. This takes 5 min per day.
- Recording everything being eaten and drunk in a food journal (mobile app). This takes 10 min per day.
- Using a food scale when cooking anything new. This takes 5-10 min per day.
Is there an exercise component?
- Yes. While our primary focus is nutrition, clients are required to hit their various heart rate zones (computed as a function of the age and medical max heart rate) for a certain amount of time per week. These percentages are gradually adjusted as well.
- For accurate measurements, clients are recommended to wear a heart rate monitor while exercising.
What does a consult form look like?
Here's our first consultation patient intake form.